Please make sure that you read and fully understand the Rules and Terms and Conditions of this competition.
1. The ‘Organiser’ of the competition is Northallerton Camera Club and they reserve the right to refuse any entry that for any reason they feel it is inappropriate to the competition. The “Organiser” also retains the right to cancel, correct, alter or amend the competition where they feel it is necessary or appropriate.
2. The competition is open entrants living within a 25 mile radius of post code DL6 2QT (the “Organisers’ club premises) – see guide here. Members and past members of Northallerton Camera Club or any other club in the North Yorkshire Durham Photographic Association, the Northern Counties Photographic Federation or the Yorkshire Photographic Union may not enter.
3. There are 3 sections:- i) Landscape; ii) People, Places and Events; iii) Student/Under 21. Each entrant may enter up to 2 images in total in any combination for the Landscape Section or the People, Places and Events Section. Students & U21 can enter up to 2 images in the Student/U21 Section only.
4. Images must have been taken within the current Local Authority areas of North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, York and Hull. They must not have been published previously or entered in any previous competition.
5. Each image entered must be from one single image capture and the entrant must hold the copyright in that image.The “Organiser” accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any breach of copyright. Any post capture manipulation must be sympathetic to the image content and must not alter the truth of the original image (ie: its content).
6. Entry is ‘on-line’ only via the “Organisers” website. The closing date for entries is midnight on 31st July 2022.
7. Entries should be in JPEG or JPG format, with a maximum of 1400 pixels on the horizontal side and a maximum of 1050 pixels on the vertical side. The file size must not exceed 2MB.
8. The ‘filename’ for entry must be in this format:- “Your Name-Image Title-Section”
For Landscape enter – LS; for People Places and Events enter – PPE; for Student/U21 enter – ST
eg:- John Smith-Whitby Pier-LS or Peter Brown-Fountains Abbey-PPE etc
9. Entrants will receive a notification of receipt and acceptance into the competition for their entries
10. The Judge will be chosen by the club and the actual process will be anonymous, with entrant’s names and details withheld from the Judge. The Judge’s decision will be final and not subject to appeal. Any Prize is non-transferable; no cash alternative is available.
Conditions of Entry
By entering the Competition the entrant
By entering the competition the entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.